This dessert was modified in order to cut on the amount of sugars the original recipe was calling for. It was mind blowing to me how much of sugar was in, apparently, one of the healthiest recipe. At least considered by many as that! Hope you like the beYOUtiful version of it now 😊
The original recipe was calling for ¼ cup brown sugar and vanilla fat-free frozen yogurt, which in the end was giving 64g of carbs per serving!!! WOW that is a lot!
Check out my 12-week program Challenge Up launching January 4th, 2018 here.
- 2 medium bananas
- 2 tsp grass-fed butter
- 1 tsp of vanilla powder
- 3 tbsp of Erythritol
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 45 ml of dark rum
- 3 tbsp of mascarpone
- Cut the bananas crosswise in half, then cut each piece lengthwise in half.
- Melt the butter into a large nonstick skillet and set over medium heat.
- Add the bananas, cut side down, and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Add 2 tbsp of erythritol, dark rum and cinnamon; cook until the erythritol is dissolved and the mixture is syrupy, about 1 minute. Stir in ½ tsp of vanilla powder.
- In meantime mix mascarpone with ½ tsp of vanilla powder and 1 tbsp erythritol to have a smooth mixture.
- Top each pieces of bananas with mascarpone mixture and the syrupy mixture from skillet and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Per one serving: 211 calories; 11g fats; saturated fats 8g; monounsaturated fats 0g; polyunsaturated fats 0g; carbohydrates 43g; fiber 3g; sugars 12g; proteins 3g; cholesterol 34mg; sodium 23mg; potassium 361mg.
YOU ARE IN IT TO WIN IT!!!!
You got this beYOUtiful! ❤