I so craved Italian cuisine. My sister lives in Italy and I have never eaten better prepared Italian dishes than the one she does. I even thought I wouldn’t be able to cook like that, ever! Hear me on that now. Her frutti di mare carbonara, or mushroom risotto is unbeatable. However, my Herby Italian Meatballs are amazingly delicious!! I did it! And I am proud of myself… I am sure my sister would be, too!!!
The new recipes, new life style, meal plans and new approach to new YOU is coming soon: January 4th, 2018 we start the NEW Challenge-up!
So, give a try and enjoy it!!!!
For the meatballs:
- 1 lbs ground beef (85/15 or leaner)
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried onion flakes
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- 1/3 cup warm water
To cook the meatballs:
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 3 cups easy keto marinara sauce (Recipe below)
- Combine meatball ingredients in a medium bowl and mix thoroughly by hand.
- Form into approximately 15 two-inch meatballs.
- Coat the bottom of the large pot insert with the avocado oil.
- If you wish to brown them, you can do it in a separate nonstick pan first.
- Layer the browned or raw meatballs in the pot, leaving 1/2 inch of space between them. Don’t press down.
- Pour the marinara sauce evenly over the meatballs.
- Cover the pot and the cook for 10-20 minutes.
- Serve the meatballs with sauce over zoodles or spaghetti squash if desired.
Nutritional Facts per one serving (without the zoodles or spaghetti squash):
Serves: 14. Serving size: 1 meatball.
122 cal; 9g fats; 3g saturated fats; 1g carbs; 0g fiber; 0g sugars; 9g proteins; 53mg cholesterol; 170mg sodium; 33mg potassium
Easy Keto Marinara Sauce (Low Carb and Gluten Free)
An easy low carb recipe for marinara or pizza sauce! Dang it, so delicious.
- 14 oz can dices tomatoes, unsweetened
- 1 large tomato (around 8 oz)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp salt (add more if necessary)
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
Puree the tomatoes in a small blender or magic bullet. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Taste and adjust salt if necessary.
Serves: 6. Serving Size: 1/2 cup
105 cal; 9g fats; 1g saturated fats; 5g carbs; 1g fiber; 3g sugars; 1g proteins; 0mg cholesterol; 295mg sodium; 109mg potassium
YOU ARE IN IT TO WIN IT!!!!
YOU got this beYOUtiful!!!! ❤