Being sick is not a fun…right? Yes, I know that….
But as soon as your body allows you to get up and eat (which in many cases could be really hard), get yourself some of those new smoothie or meal I just did while being sick…. Make sure you drink a lot of water, or even better – water with Organic Tart Cherry Juice in it to boost your body with vitamin C and antioxidants!
And here we go to a food – yummy!!!
First, I did two smoothies during a day. Smoothies seemed to me the best in terms of sipping slowly without overloading your stomach, especially when you have no appetite!
First one, HEMP BANANA SMOOTHIE:
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 banana, raw or frozen
- 2 tbsp hemp protein powder
- 1 tsp vanilla powder or extract
- ½ cup coconut hemp milk (can be any other like almond, coconut, rice, cashew etc.).
Nutritional Facts per serving: 326 calories, 15g fats, 32g carbs, 3g fiber, 19g proteins, 0mg cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 386mg potassium.
Second one, STRAWBERRY PEANUT BUTTER SMOOTHIE (little richer than previous one):
- 2 tbsp organic peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 1 banana, raw or frozen
- 1 cup flax milk unsweetened (or almond, coconut, hemp, cashew milk etc.)
- 5 oz strawberries, raw or frozen (or blueberries)
- 1 tbsp organic coconut oil
Nutritional Facts per serving: 480 calories, 34g fats, 42g carbs, 8g fiber, 10g proteins, 0mg cholesterol, 82mg sodium, 578mg potassium.
Once my body wanted to eat, I did EGG QUINOA CAKE – very rich in good proteins, animal and plant-based.
- 4 eggs
- 6 egg whites
- ½ cup organic quinoa
- 1 cup coconut hemp milk (can be any other like almond, coconut, rice, cashew etc.)
- 1 tbsp garlic powder or raw chopped garlic
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 2 cups of chopped kale (or spinach)
- ¾ cup of grated Parmesan Cheese
I mix everything together but not cheese, and bake at 350F for 45min. After that I take it out and sprinkle with grated cheese and bake for additional 10-15min at 350F.
Nutritional Facts per serving: 272 calories, 11g fats, 19g carbs, 2g fiber, 22g proteins, 197mg cholesterol, 542mg sodium, 206mg potassium.
I am not saying those made me get up on my feet right away, being ready to kill next Spartan workout, run or swim!
However, it definitely fueled my body with all important ingredients. On top of that, adding more vitamin C then usually, drinking water, sleeping more than I could even think is possible, made my day, made my body feel better and my mind peaceful.
YOU ARE IN IT TO WIN IT!!!!
YOU got this beYOUtiful!!!! ❤